Last updated: September 9, 2018
This policy describes how Sarah Ingle Worldwide, LLC. (collectively, “Sarah Ingle Worldwide”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares the information we obtain from you online.
What We Collect
The following are examples of the personal information that we collect:
|Activity||Examples of Personal Information Collected|
|Registering on our website||Name and e-mail address|
|Purchasing on our website||Name, credit card number, billing address, shipping address, and phone number|
|Loyalty Program Membership||Name, full birthday, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address|
|SarahIngle.com Account||Any information about yourself that you choose to submit or post as part of your SarahIngle.com account membership or that relates to your activities on SarahIngle.com such as your: nickname, Instagram/YouTube handles, photographs, videos, and product reviews.|
|Sweepstakes and contests||Name, e-mail address, and age|
In addition to the above, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our websites.
- Flash Cookies2
- Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.3
- Web server logs.4
- Geo-location technologies.5
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Sarah Ingle Worldwide primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase history and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Sarah Ingle Worldwide may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Corporate affiliates. Sarah Ingle Worldwide may share certain personal information with its affiliates (including parent company, sister companies and subsidiaries)
• Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. We share U.S. client e-mail activity data with “MailChimp” (owned by The Rocket Science Group LLC) to help MailChimp better target e-mail deployments to consumers for marketing purposes. While MailChimp has a license from Sarah Ingle Worldwide to use e-mail addresses and e-mail activity data in its application, MailChimp does not share e-mail addresses or any specific e-mail activity data with other third parties that are not Sarah Ingle Worldwide service providers (although MailChimp may share aggregate/non-specific activity data). Should you wish to opt out of this sharing, you simply need to opt out of e-mail communications from us.
• Joint Marketing Partners. We may share your personal information with third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product or service. These joint marketing partners may only use this information to market and offer Sarah Ingle Worldwide-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses. Additionally, to the extent permitted by law, Sarah Ingle Worldwide’s joint marketing partners may share your personal information with us to better serve you.
• Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
• SarahIngle.com Account Your account allows you to participate in contests (if applicable), to provide Ratings & Reviews, and to receive product recommendations.
- Other instances.Sarah Ingle Worldwide may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
• Business transition. Sarah Ingle Worldwide may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of Sarah Ingle Worldwide, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. Sarah Ingle Worldwide may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
Sarah Ingle Worldwide may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
- Aggregate information.We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
• Behavioral-based advertising. A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
How We Protect Your Information
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
|Your Options||What you need to do|
|Updating or Correcting the Personal Information Relating to Your Account||You can update or correct your name, e-mail address, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “My Account” page.|
|Receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails||You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive.|
|Behavioral Based Advertising||You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioral based advertising by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.|
|Remove content from user review||You can remove content that you posted on a Sarah Ingle Worldwide public space, such as part of a Ratings & Review, by e-mailing details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we will endeavor to honor your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.|
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICES
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Site (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the address, telephone or email below.
Communicating With Us
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or of you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact Sarah Ingle Worldwide at our contact page (https://sarahingle.com/contact) or e-mail:
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
Changes To This Policy
- “Cookies” are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain of our web page, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
- Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
- Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.